Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voted!

I am voter number 477 to put a ballot into the machine at my polling location. I voted for Barack Obama, and surprisingly enough did not go straight ticket. No waiting, but I did see the same adorable nun handing out pamphlets about Obama's health care plan on the steps that I saw during the Democratic primaries. She had a little Obama flier taped to the chest of her habit, which is how I first recognized her. I thought that was a hilarious thing to do.

That lady gives me hope. I'm glad to see that the economy, poverty, civil rights, and health care are issues for some classically-termed "values voters." You go, Sister. Those are my values, too.

FiveThirtyEight.com looks pretty favorable. Predicting an electoral vote spread of 348.6/189.4, with Obama winning 98.9% of the 10,000 simulations they ran today. Indiana is--sadly--looking pretty red again by their count, but I think it'll be close.

We'll know before the night is over, though.

Have you guys voted yet? If you have, post a comment here to show my little corner of the internet that you kick ass, no matter whom you chose. The point is that you need to vote.

No comments: